The mission of the AK Wild program is to provide girls ages 6-19 with an opportunity to play organized hockey on an all-girls team. Though costs vary, both the Competitive and House AK Wild teams pay roughly $400, being subsidized by sponsorship and MHA itself.
Our goals are to:
1) Promote the game of hockey with emphasis on fun, skill development, and lifelong friendships.
2) Provide a positive and thorough learning environment for girls to acquire individual and team skills.
3) Promote respect, trust, courtesy, and good sportsmanship among all of our participants.
4) Provide an environment conducive to female players becoming the best person they can be and having confidence in all future pursuits.
5) Achieve overall continued growth and development in the sport of hockey.
Why Dual Roster?
Girls can play with their coed team at the association of their choosing, then join MHA’s AK WILD team for additional ice time.
all-female coaching staff
games against different teams
AK Wild jersey
8U birth years 2013 & 2014
10U birth years 2011 & 2012
12U birth years 2009 & 2010
14U birth years 2007 & 2008
Players register and attend evaluations for team placement the first week of September. The season culminates with the Ponytail Tournament in early March.
Evaluations and practices are held primarily at the Harry J. McDonald Memorial Center.
Teams will practice roughly once per week, usually on the weekends.
Teams will play 10-20 games over the course of the season.
AK Wild jersey sets (home/away) are required and can be purchased online. Your Team Manager will reach out for a number preference.
Team Managers could collect money for additional tournaments the team picks up during the season.
MHA offers an optional development program that runs in the fall from September-November for 8U/10U/12U registered House or Comp players. This is only for MHA registered players.
Scholarships are available, and packets can be found under Resources on our homepage. Please fill out and turn in/postmarked by September 8, 2021 to Heather, MHA Office Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions regarding girls hockey with MHA can be directed to Girls Coordinator, Nic Dutton, email@example.com
or MHA Office Manager, Heather Calcaterra, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to registration and evaluations, register your player with USA Hockey, linked HERE. Print and keep their USA Hockey number.