August 1 kicks off another exciting season of HOCKEY! Volunteers truly are the glue that keeps everything running. Those interested in helping can start taking care of their USA Hockey requirements for the up coming season. Below is a description of each requirement that must be eligible to volunteer with MHA. These requirements are only for volunteer positions that require contact with players.
We appreciate all that you do for youth hockey and our community. It truly is not possible without you!
- Register as a volunteer member of USA Hockey - Cost is waived. Must be completed prior to being on ice or in contact with players. https://membership.usahockey.com/
- Complete the required USA Hockey Safe Sport Training - Required every year. Volunteers cannot have contact with players until completed.
- Complete the required background screening - Completed through ASHA website. Screening is valid for two years. Volunteers cannot have contact with players until completed.
- Background screenings can be checked for compliance on ASHA's website under the Alaska Master Screening List
2022-2023 USA Hockey Volunteer Requirements Checklist
- USA Hockey Member Registration (1/year)
- Background Screen (2 years)
- SafeSport Program Training (1/year)
Ways to Volunteer
REQUIRING PLAYER CONTACT
- Team Manager (10U-18U comp and house)
- Team Treasurer (comp only)
- On-Ice practice support (at coach's discretion)
- Locker room Attendant (at coach's discretion)
- Elected Board position
MINIMAL PLAYER CONTACT
- Keep score (home games only)
- Manage penalty box (home and away games)
- Run the clock (home games only)
- Hospitality Room when hosting tournaments
- Bear Paw Parade (in July)
- Appointed Board position